create_authorities_from_bibs.pl is a Perl script useful for migrating (to Koha) from an ILS that lacks of authority records.
Based on a XML configuration file, it scans bibliographic records, extracts unique headings and prints the XML of machine generated authority records.
For more info, run create_authorities_from_bibs.pl -h.
The procedure in Koha can be:
- extract your MARC records in ISO2709 format to file your_bibs.mrc
- edit the config file create_authorities_from_bibs.xml to suite your installation needings
- run create_authorities_from_bibs.pl your_bibs.mrc > your_authorities.xml
- run misc/migration_tools/bulkmarcimport.pl -a -m marcxml -file your_authorities.xml
- run misc/link_bibs_to_authorities.pl
The script and its generic configuration file for MARC21 can be downloaded at:
V. 1.2: March 30, 2012
V. 1.1: March 29, 2012
V. 1.0: March 22, 2012