Even students without any knowledge should take the test. Students who attended previous levels in Rome may go directly to the next appropriate level depending on what year they attended, without taking the test, but should be present at the beginning of it.
The minimum number of students to form a group is 10. If there is not a sufficient number of students, the University could reduce the number of groups.
Students are divided into groups of no more of 20 students each. The groups are not necessarily the same as levels, which depend on the previous knowledge of the students at the beginning of the courses. It could happen that one year all the groups belong to level 1, while another year all of them belong to level 3. Please note that level 3 is dependent on the level of the students enrolled, and so can change from year to year. Students who have already completed level 3 are encouraged to enroll and can be considered for a higher level certificate.
The different levels of learning according to the program of the Polis Institute are:
- Level 1 (no prior knowledge is necessary). Course program
- Level 2 (requirements: basic knowledge of Latin grammar). Course program
- Level 3 (requirements: intermediate knowledge of Latin grammar). Level 3 does not necessary complete all elements of the program. Course program
- Level 1: The book (Forum: Lectiones Latinitatis Vivae) can be purchased by the student at our University at the beginning of the course (35€ - not included on the fee)
- Level 2: The book (Forum: Lectiones Latinitatis Vivae) can be purchased by the student at our University at the beginning of the course (35€ - not included on the fee)
- Level 3: The book (Ørberg - Familia Romana) can be purchased by the student at our University at the beginning of the course (not included on the fee)